Canada Suicide and Crisis: 1-800-448-3000
|Some symptoms of depression
||Warning signs of suicidal behaviour:
Where to get more information:
- Centre for Suicide Prevention
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Youth Beyond Blue: A Youth Depression Awareness
- Morningside Recovery: Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Resources
- Choices Recovery: Hope and Recovery: A Suicide Prevention Guide
What to do if you feel suicidal:
- Tell a relative, friend, clergy, counsellor or any person you feel you can talk to and who will help you.
- Make an appointment with a doctor and, if necessary, get a referral to a psychiatrist or other health professional.
- If you feel you cannot talk to anyone, or if no one is available, phone a crisis line. Visit the Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention website for a link to distress centres across Canada. Suicide and Crisis Line: 1-800-448-3000
- Kids Help Phone is there 24 hours a day 7 days a week for kids in need of help and hope. Website: http://www.kidshelpphone.ca Phone Number: 1-800-668-6868